This blog is for ongoing dialogue between those of us who have survived divorced and have started the journey of finding out who they are and what they want out of their new lives. It's for support, ideas, and motivation to live a full life.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Turning the Negative Into the Positive

It's time to make some changes. Out with the old negative talk and in with the new. I realized that I was probably attracting some negative energy with my use of profane language regarding my ex. I was an equal opportunity offender, any negative word would do. But, every time I said something negative about him or regarding him, I was actually attracting negative to me.

My friend LL kindly pointed out that using the word ex or X has a negative connotation, so I'm trying out FS (former spouse) or FH (former husband). I call him the kid's dad, but that doesn't always work in conversations. The word ex does have a wonderful sense of power and it feels really, really good to say sometimes, but like I said, I'm working on it.

I'll let you know how it goes...

To your new life...
Claire

Tags | |

No comments: