This blog is for ongoing dialogue between those of us who have survived divorced and have started the journey of finding out who they are and what they want out of their new lives. It's for support, ideas, and motivation to live a full life.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Forgiveness



This is a topic that I am struggling with. As my therapist pointed out a while ago, it is a process that does not happen overnight or quickly. These prayers were given to me by my friend Lori. They're from the book Spirituality Simplified by Jeff Maziarek. She knows I'm not there yet, but thought I could hang on to them for the future. I'm ready for the second prayer and say that pretty easily. It's the other one I have trouble with in regards to my FH (former husband). It's not that I walk around with hate or anger, but forgiveness is a big deal. I'm settling with acceptance and thankfulness. That's enough for me for now. Thought I'd share...

Forgiveness Prayer
Awaken the Healer Within by Rich Work

From the Divine Love that flows within my Being,
I now call forth {insert name} to stand before me as
I stand before you-in Love. I ask now that you forgive me
as I forgive you. I embrace you in Love, and I thank you
for the lessons that we have shared, but I now choose
to release to the Light all the bonds between us
except those of unconditional love.
I bid you to go in peace. So be it!

Forgiving Yourself Prayer
The Angels Within Us by John Randolph Price

Spirit of the living God within my precious holy Self,
I totally and completely forgive myself for every thought,
feeling, word, deed of the past. I release everything to you,
all of my self-condemnation, all of my guilt, and all of my fear,
and I close the door on all that was yesterday.
As I forgive myself I know that I am forgiving all,
for I am everyone, and everyone is me,
and through the cleansing action of forgiveness
we are all wonderfully free.

To your new life...
Claire

Tags: | |




No comments: