This blog is for ongoing dialogue between those of us who have survived divorced and have started the journey of finding out who they are and what they want out of their new lives. It's for support, ideas, and motivation to live a full life.

Monday, October 8, 2007

It Takes a Village To Run the Chicago Marathon


I got back late last night from Chicago where I was watching my friend Julie run the Chicago Marathon. That's her in the picture. I went with my friend Lori and Liz. I'm sure most have heard what a crazy race that was with the heat and the race cancellation. Liz ran with her from mile 6 until around 19 and then Lori ran with her until the end of the race.

I was hanging with Julie's 9 year old daughter at mile 20 in Chinatown. The race officials were telling the runners that the race was cancelled, but we were further ahead of them and could see that people were still running and trying to finish the race and kept them posted by cell phone. So, Lori and Julie finished the marathon together while Julie's daughter watched her mom accomplish something really big.

Julie's hard a hard year personally and we are all so proud of her and what a great job she did! I was so glad that her mom and her daughters were there to see how courageous she was and how determined. She had trained really hard and was not going to leave Chicago without finishing that race. It felt great being a part of her team and the teamwork that was needed to help her get to the finish line.

To your new life...
Claire

Tags: | | |

No comments: