This blog is for ongoing dialogue between those of us who have survived divorced and have started the journey of finding out who they are and what they want out of their new lives. It's for support, ideas, and motivation to live a full life.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Try Something New

I love this picture! My friend Julie introduced me to the idea of trying new things. When she and her husband separated, her mom told her that she wanted Julie to constantly try new things and to always say yes to new opportunities. She's got a really supportive mom who offered to babysit at the drop of the hat if a new opportunity presented itself.

A couple months ago, I made a vision board for myself and found this great picture and I put it smack in the middle. Just looking at it reminds me that I've turned over a new leaf and am willing to try new things. My arms are wide open. So far, this year, I've started hiking, kayaking, spinning, dating, and writing a book. I can't wait to see what next year brings.

For some reason, I used to be a bit narrow-minded in my younger years and often turned down new opportunities for all kinds of reasons. I kind of settled with things and with myself. That old me is gone, probably left with my marriage and I like getting to know the new me. The one that's not scared to try something new, to take a leap.

To your new life...
Claire

Tags: | | |

No comments: