This blog is for ongoing dialogue between those of us who have survived divorced and have started the journey of finding out who they are and what they want out of their new lives. It's for support, ideas, and motivation to live a full life.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sister Support


Pictured here is my sister Amy (dressed like the tooth fairy) with my kids. It's from the Holiday Mart show in Kansas City where her company, Amy Lou Designs, had a booth selling tooth fairy pillows over this past weekend. The kids had a 4-day weekend, so we drove to Wichita to see my sister and her family on their farm. We stopped by the show in KC on the way home today and got a photo.

My kids love their Aunt Amy. She has four kids of her own, is a former school teacher and is absolutely at her best around kids. She has made it a point to be kind of a confidant to both of my kids, and they feel totally comfortable sharing with her how they're doing with the divorce. They know that they can share anything with her and she'll still love them.

Amy has been an unwavering support for me throughout my painful divorce process. She has listened to me cry, complain, grieve, bargain, despair, and all of the myriad of emotions that have lambasted me over the past two years. She always seems to know what to say and often knows when it's best not to say anything at all. Just knowing that I have someone as stable and constant as her at all times brings me comfort and peace.

Her life can get freakishly crazy also and we compliment each other in our support. Having someone that can call you on your crap, even when you can't admit it to yourself, is huge. So many times our friends tell us what we want to hear, and we are brutally honest with each other, like it or not. I am so grateful to have her on my side and as such a strong role model for my kids.

To your new life...
Claire

Tags: | | |

No comments: