This blog is for ongoing dialogue between those of us who have survived divorced and have started the journey of finding out who they are and what they want out of their new lives. It's for support, ideas, and motivation to live a full life.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Kindness In Everyday Things

I was touched yesterday by my son's soccer coach. He's just a really good guy. My kids play on a church league, but we don't attend that particular church, so I also don't know many parents on my son's team.

Yesterday was a crazy day. Both of my kids had their last soccer games for the season and I was helping coordinate a wedding at my church. Coincidentally, my former spouse was out of town for the weekend, so his mom was hanging out with my kids.

There was a party planned for my son's team after their game, but my former mother-in-law couldn't take my son because she had to get my daughter to her game. The boys were apparently all excited after the game to go to the party and I'm told that it was pretty obvious how bummed out my son was that he couldn't go.

His coach walked up to my former mother-in-law and asked if my son could go with his family. She was grateful and obviously allowed him to go, exchanging cell phone numbers so that they could coordinate the pick-up.

I was able to stop by the restaurant when my wedding was over and hang out with my son, the coach, and his son. You could tell how much fun my son had been having and how much it meant to him to be allowed to be included in the festivities. I am grateful for people who see an occasion to show kindness and take it. My son wasn't left out and was actually made to feel really special. Thanks Andy for helping us!

Claire

Tags: | | |

No comments: